Friday 25 July 2014

Outfit Post: Great Plains Shirt Dress

A great start to the summer holidays - we had a day at home to get sorted and then travelled up to Lincolnshire on Thursday for my Mother-in-Law's birthday. Ten of us went out for a lovely lunch yesterday - I wore a silky shirt dress by Great Plains that I bought in the sale at Yard last summer. It was a great buy as I wore it with tights and ankle boots and a leather jacket thrown over in the autumn, but this is the first time I've worn it as a summer dress:


Shirt dresses are a versatile item to have in your wardrobe over the summer months as they can be worn to work with heels or wedge sandals or dressed down for more casual occasions with flats. This one works so well in this hot weather as it's such a thin, drapey material. I'm wearing it here with snakeskin sandals from H&M.

If you like the look of the one above, Great Plains has some shirt dresses in the sale this year.

I love this graphic printed one, perfect for this year's monochrome trend and now half price in the sale:

Caligari Shirt Dress £25 from £50


And this checked shirt dress is so cute and feminine:

Jenna Checked Shirt Dress £39 from £50


I love the more relaxed fit of this classic shirt dress:

Get Knotted Print Dress £39 from £55


And another feminine style in navy with a full broderie anglaise skirt:

Fluerette Broderie Detail Dress £32.50 from £65


So is a shirt dress a necessity for you in the summer months? As always I like to hear from you...

Abbi xx




7 comments:

  1. Great dress on you, Abbi. I just don't suit shirt dresses, never found one that works for me. Some great styles here though. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am boring myself by the times I have said I really love shirt dresses. I just do. And yours looks perfect. Stylish and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely Abbi. I haven't got any shirt dresses, i like the fact it can cross seasons,plus you have picked some nice dresses. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress on you. Looks like the perfect smart/casual summer look .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super dress Abbi.....perfect for a lovely lunch xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely Abbi, as always and you did well buying that last year as they are so popular now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shirt dresses, so easy to wear & you look fab in yours! I love Great Plains too....can't believe I missed the broderie dress when I ordered some things a few weeks ago! x

    ReplyDelete