Saturday 6 September 2014

The Bridport Hat Festival

The streets of my home town in West Dorset were packed yesterday for the fifth annual Bridport Hat festival. Once again there was a wonderful atmosphere as thousands of mad hatters donned an array of caps, bowlers, trilbies and crazy home made creations to take part is this fabulously original family charity event.

I couldn't wait to wear my classic fedora hat from Hush, which I'm planning to wear a lot this autumn/winter:


Fedora - Hush (available here)
Cardigan - Part Two (SS13)
T-Shirt - Great Plains at Yard (AW14)
Black Jeans - Mint Velvet (AW13)
Flats - New Look (AW14 - Sold Out)

And I made the boys wear their skull printed trilbies from Fat Face (available here):


And here is the traditional mass hat-wearing photo call in Bucky Doo Square:


Do you love wearing hats? What is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!

Abbi x




8 comments:

  1. Love the hat Abbi, and of course the shoes! I have a little worn black Fedora, loos like I'll be getting that out soon.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are everywhere aren't they?! Would love to see you in yours
      A x

      Delete
  2. Great post ... your boys look so cute! I love hats and wear them all the time in the winter - haven't got one like this tho' - maybe next on the list! x

    (nearing fifty av 57)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't usually wear hats, but definitely will wear this one a lot!
      Abbi x

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun event! I had to leave Charlie's trilby in Spain, it was falling apart! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool hat Abbi! I lived in a black beanie last winter so I may have to for something more structured hat wise this year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a fabulous day out! You rock that hat! I love floppy felt hats & have one but wasn't brave enough last winter but think I'll go for it this year! Ax

    ReplyDelete