Friday 11 April 2014

Bargain purchase of the week: Warehouse bomber jacket

The bomber jacket is an unlikely fashion classic, but there is a staggering amount of them all over the high street this season and lately I have been quite tempted. They are a great alternative to a biker jacket as they are much more lightweight, perfect for the sunny days we are having at the moment. It's easy to add layers in cooler weather and yet they can last right into summer when styled with shorts or skirts.

I love some of the luxe silky ones that are around, but for my first foray into bomber territory I wanted a slouchy version that would smarten a pair of jeans, but still work for a night out.

So, I was thrilled to find this quilted navy bomber jacket at Warehouse for just £15, down from £48! Yes, £15!

Warehouse Quilted Bomber Jacket £15



It's super light, but the quilted material makes it feel cosy. I love the simplicity of it, which makes for endless outfit possibilities! Today I wore it to work for the first time and styled it with an old Breton top from Topshop, True Religion boyfriend jeans, Accessorize statement necklace and Victoria pumps from Yard. It's a very versatile jacket and I'm looking forward to wearing it with heels and jeans in the evening.






The day after I ordered my bargain bomber, I discovered this fabulous post from some fellow fashion bloggers, about how to style the same bomber jacket in six different ways. It's a great guide for styling options and you can read it here. The jacket they featured is also quilted and similar to my navy one. It's from Next and comes in grey or red (pictured below). I will definitely be taking inspiration from some of their style tips!

Next Quilted Bomber Jacket £38




So, what are your thoughts on the bomber jacket? And have you found any fashion bargains recently?

Have a great weekend

Abbi x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Abi, I remember bomber jackets first time round, I must admit I getting tempted, like the idea of the navy and what a bargain.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, it's great little jacket, the navy is really useful!
      A x

      Delete
  2. What a bargain, I'm tempted. I'd wear one like this over jeans and a t-shirt I don't think it would look too young. Like you I also love the silky ones x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab bomber bargain Abbi....I could be totally tempted to add this to my jacket collection! It's such a versatile style, goes with everything! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The storage facility is very convenient to all suburb locations. There is parking inside the structure so going there should not be a big concern. There are always dollies for moving things between car and the storage unit.
    storage in Surry hills

    ReplyDelete