Thursday 23 January 2014

Hush Crush

Hush is a brand which I have only discovered in the last couple of years, but it was love at first sight! When the catalogue first dropped through my door I was instantly seduced by their amazing photo shoots and the beautiful way in which they style their clothing. 

The clothes are understated, Parisian chic with a bit of an edge. Hush started over 10 years ago as a kitchen table business, giving nightwear and loungewear a new meaning by introducing a much-needed element of chic into an area that fashion had forgotten. As the range has grown it has taken this same relaxed style beyond the front door and now offers a collection of every day staples that are both practical and versatile. 

One of the first things I bought from Hush was a pair of their popular harem pants in charcoal grey, which are probably the comfiest item of clothing I own, and useful for days when I'm just running around with the kids or for cozy nights in on the sofa. I've also become addicted to their basics as they are such great quality, including slouchy leggings, long vests and layering tops. 

But my favourite Hush item by far is the Rosie dress.



I love wearing dresses in the winter and this is the perfect one to throw on when you want to wear a dress but still look casual. It is simple and flattering with a navy loose fitting crew necked jumper attached to a floaty skirt in a contrasting shade of blue that they call 'marine.' It is made of silk, cashmere and cotton and is just so comfortable. I like the fact that I can wear it with ankle boots and a jacket and look smart for work or wear it with a scarf, leggings and flat boots at the weekend and look more dressed down. 

The Rosie dress has just been further reduced in the January sale, and is now £40, down from £60. It also comes in contrasting shades of grey and a burgundy and charcoal colour.

If I was looking for bargains in the January sale, I would also go for the long jacket, now further reduced to £70, down from £130, as this would go with so many things in my wardrobe. 



Another great sale item is the Open Knit Poncho, now £45 from £95. This looks so snuggly and would be so easy to throw on over skinny jeans for a relaxed yet stylish look.



And here I am wearing my Rosie dress at work this week...

In the first photo it I am wearing it with my grey Ash Jalouse ankle boots and in the second photo I have added a bluey grey and gold scarf from Yard.










I can't wait to see the beachwear in the spring catalogue, it needs to hurry up as I am off somewhere hot and sunny very soon! 

Abbi x

No comments:

Post a Comment