Monday 27 January 2014

The reinvention of the sweatshirt...

I know I'm a little bit late to the party, but lately I have got really into wearing sweatshirts. Up until now I thought they were strictly for the gym or running errands, but the humble sweatshirt has risen to become such a stylish staple and I am now hooked! Luckily, the trend doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I love teaming them with swingy skirts or skinny trousers for work to make them smarter and my favourite way to wear them is layered with collared shirts underneath. Best of all, this style is as chic as it is cozy.

Here are some of my picks:

Warehouse Animal Print Sweat £35




Love the printed front of this,and it will look as good with skirts for work as it would with skinny jeans for a night out.


I have this one in grey from Topshop below and it is such a great price and is so unbelievably soft. I think it's a fantastic alternative to some of the more expensive washed grey sweaters out there at the moment.

Topshop Long Sleeve Burnout Sweat £26





It also comes in some lovely spring colours including mint, lilac and red, which is more of a bright coral pink as you can see below




I also adore this super soft pale pink sweat from Topshop with city names on it £24




For a smarter sweatshirt that could take you from day to night, this more classic version  from Whistles would be my first choice:

Whistles Mystic Mountain Jacquard Sweat £125




I also love the print on this one from Zara's new spring collection, with a zip at the back £29.99




I also had to add this beautiful soft grey sweatshirt from Anthropologie, I love the way it is styled with the statement necklace:

Starflower Sweater £58




H&M's Givenchy inspired sweatshirt is definitely on my wish list and at under £15, how can you resist? 

H&M Tiger Print Sweatshirt £14.99



I'm finishing with a photo of me wearing the grey Topshop sweat featured above. I've only had it a week and have worn it three times already, so I'm sure it's a good buy and goes with everything!




Topshop Grey Long Sleeve Burnout Sweat -  as above
Maison Scotch Jeans from Yard AW13
Denim Shirt - Boden AW12
Statement necklace - Zara AW13

In the next couple of weeks I have to pack for a winter sun holiday, so I will be posting about beachwear, sandals and all things summery....

Abbi x


3 comments:

  1. Saw this and thought of you and this post!
    http://www.promod.co.uk/women/tops/long-sleeved-tops/embroidered-sweatshirt-grey-R7250167002.html

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I love the beading on the shoulders, it's fab. Have seen this store in France but never been in!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the sweatshirt in Coral, may have to go on a shopping spree!!

    ReplyDelete