Tuesday 14 January 2014

My Favorite Dorset Boutique...

If there was one thing I missed when I first moved to Dorset, it was having all the city shops on my doorstep. Despite loving my new life by the sea, a shopaholic can't change overnight and I found myself finding reasons to go back to London every couple of months to have a quick retail fix. That is, until I discovered a little gem of a boutique called Yard in Poundbury, Dorchester. 




From fabulous statement pieces to cool casuals, Yard offers gorgeous clothing from specially selected brands and beautiful accessories, gifts and styling for your home. Owner Vicki Fernyhough brings together hand-picked pieces from established fashion houses, niche labels and independent designers, creating a range that is stylish yet incredibly wearable. The shop has been open for just over three years and in 2012 was named Best New Business at the prestigious Drapers Fashion Awards. 


Clothing Brands include Great Plains, French Connection, Twist & Tango, American Vintage and my personal favourite Maison Scotch. There are always new products being added, so each time you visit the store it looks fresh and unique. At the same time Yard has become known for bestsellers including Becksondergaard scarves, Nat & Nin handbags and Maison Scotch jeans which are always in stock. There is a fantastic range of gifts and jewellery and you can also treat yourself to some lovely bits and pieces for the home such as cushions, photo frames, pictures and candles. When I first stepped through the door, it was like everything had been hand picked for me, and I have heard many others say the same thing! You are always given a warm welcome and coffee is offered while you browse. The staff are really friendly and give excellent advice if you need it. It soon became a regular shopping destination for me, so much so that I befriended the owner and now work here occasionally, indulging my love of all things fashion related! I leave you with a couple of looks from Yard's new spring collection which has started coming in. And if you are looking for an outfit for something special this year or if you need something for a more informal occasion, this is the place to come!


New season - top from Twist & Tango £65
Jeans from Maison Scotch £120
Fine knit top from American Vintage £75
Scarf by Becksondergaard £69
Bag from Becksondergaard £75


Denim dress from Maison Scotch £125
Accessorised with Flouro necklace Maison Scotch £20
Layered necklace by Orelia Jewellery £25
Boots from H bu Hudson £140
Leather bag by Nat & Nin £130


Breton knitted top - Maison Scotch £77.95
Jeans - Maison Scotch £120
Bag Nat & Nin £200

Back soon with my spring wishlist....

Abbi x

4 comments:

  1. Great post and Yard is a lovely store - I haven't been for ages (making one very happy husband and even happier bank manager!!) but reading this has reminded me of the fabulousness so will be popping in soon!! Looking forward to reading more of your posts, and its nice to know I'm not alone in being a shopaholic living by the sea! Lx

    http://louloudorsetsmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you should definitely pop into Yard again soon, they have some fab things in for spring! Have just been reading your fantastic blog. How great to be asked to talk about M&S on the radio! I used to write about their results when I was a financial journalist pre children! Will definitely be following your blog
      Abbi x

      Delete
  2. Hi Abbi - finally getting round to checking out the blog! Oh you're making me want to visit...and funnily enough, Dorset is one of the places we have on the summer holiday list! Will keep you posted on that.
    Looking forward to reading all your posts now - looks like you have it sussed very well and I adore your outfit. Right up my street with your stripes and boyfriends! Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Avril - let me know if you do plan to come to Dorset!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete